Accountant - Little Chute
- - Finance
- Little Chute, WI, USA
- Full Time
Accountant - Little Chute
There is one position available that will be located in Milwaukee or Little Chute
Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin is the largest hunger-relief organization in the state and last year we distributed over 27,000,000 pounds of food to our members who provided it to families and individuals in need. Join our team and your work will impact the quantity of fresh, nutritious food available to vulnerable children, seniors, and adults.
Your work will ensure that timely and accurate financial data is available for preparation of financial statements and related analysis. There'll be a variety of responsibilities you'd complete independently and projects where you'd work closely with the Director of Finance. You'd have opportunities to interact with departments throughout the organization in both our Milwaukee and Little Chute facilities.
- Process financial transactions on a wide range of revenue and expense activities, including resolution of issues related to GAAP application of those activities.
- Complete journal entries and reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Recognize and communicate unusual transactions to Director of Finance.
- Assist in annual audit and 990 preparation, as well as compiling reports for the Feeding America National Annual Report.
- Work closely with the Development Department to reconcile the donor database to match the general ledger.
- Serve as backup for accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred or a 2-year associate's degree (with accounting emphasis)
- Minimum of 1-3 years of accounting experience, non-profit experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking ability, and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with above average knowledge of Excel
- Ability to learn and use industry specific accounting software and related modules
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent customer service skills
- Our exceptional benefits include robust health, dental and vision plans, 16 days of PTO, 9 paid holidays, a personal day and an optional holiday, along with life, short-and-long term disability insurance and 401(k) with match.
Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin, Inc. is committed to fostering diversity in our workplace. FAEW does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race, color, creed, religion, handicap, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical disability, mental disability, or veteran status. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts